By Vincent F. Hendricks,Stig Andur Pedersen,Klaus Frovin Jørgensen
Read Online or Download Proof Theory: History and Philosophical Significance (Synthese Library) PDF
Similar philosophical logic & language books
HiS quantity within the Synthese Library sequence is the results of a convention T held on the collage of Roskilde, Denmark, October 31st-November 1st, 1997. the purpose was once to supply a discussion board during which philosophers, math ematicians, logicians and historians of arithmetic may perhaps trade rules concerning the historic and philosophical improvement of evidence conception.
Socrates' maximum philosophical contribution used to be to have initiated the hunt for definitions. In Definition in Greek Philosophy his perspectives on definition are tested, including these of his successors, together with Plato, Aristotle, the Stoics, Galen, the Sceptics and Plotinus. even though definition was once a tremendous pre-occupation for plenty of Greek philosophers, it has infrequently been taken care of as a separate subject in its personal correct lately.
An individual looking a readable and comparatively short advisor to common sense can do no larger than this vintage advent. A deal with for either the mind and the mind's eye, it profiles the advance of common sense from old to trendy occasions and compellingly examines the character of common sense and its philosophical implications.
This publication introduces a brand new kind of argumentative research: rhetorical heuremes. the tactic applies the suggestions of heuristic pondering, likelihood, and contingency with the intention to strengthen a greater realizing of complicated arguments in classical oratory. a brand new idea is needed simply because Greek and Roman rhetoric can't offer precise solutions to difficulties of strategic argumentation within the research of speeches.
- Gewusst wie? (Ideen & Argumente) (German Edition)
- A Critical Introduction to the Philosophy of Gottlob Frege
- The Arché Papers on the Mathematics of Abstraction: 71 (The Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science)
- Formal and Transcendental Logic
- Omniscience and the Rhetoric of Reason: Santaraksita and Kamalasila on Rationality, Argumentation, and Religious Authority (Studies in Indian and Tibetan Buddhism)
- Perspectives on Interrogative Models of Inquiry: Developments in Inquiry and Questions (Logic, Argumentation & Reasoning)
Extra info for Proof Theory: History and Philosophical Significance (Synthese Library)